Here are some most commonly asked questions regarding Popin’ Cookin’ and our store. If you have any questions not answered in this FAQ, feel free to drop us a message!
1. Do you have a physical store? / Where is your shop?
– We are online based shop and we do online business only operating in Ipoh, Perak. We have no physical ‘brick and mortar’ shop so we can’t give you any location.
2. Is Popin’ Cookin’ or other DIY candies HALAL?
– All candies are not halal certified because they are from Japan. Some candies do not contain non-halal ingredients however the most important ingredient to check is ‘gelatin’ as gelatin is always made from animal and available in majority gummy candies. Also be aware of other meat related products. We will always mention in our listing if the products contain gelatin or other animal-related ingredients such as meat and pork. For Muslims, please check the product’s ingredients before buying. Regarding alcohol in flavors, there has been mixed responses from Kracie, so buy at your own risk.
3. Why is your price expensive? / Can’t you lower your price? / One store is selling it cheaper!
– Our price is currently the cheapest online in Malaysia. We also have to cover expensive shipping from Japan, and other costs. If you found cheaper price elsewhere, it’s because they bought their stock in a huge volume/bulk so they can sell it cheaper. However, they have limited items 😉 Our aim is to make rare & hard to find products available for Malaysian market that some stores are not willing to import. We aim to grow big with bigger selection of items that you can’t find elsewhere 😉 But check our page often for discounts & giveaways!
Items are priced in MALAYSIAN RINGGIT (MYR).
4. What method of payment do you accept?
– Currently, we only accept bank in/bank transfer via Public Bank or Maybnk. We accept COD if you are in Ipoh free of charge but with condition that you are buying 3 items or more. For lesser than 3 items, Poslaju will be used.
Your package will be shipped within 24 hours after your payment is confirmed. If you pay before 12 pm, your order will be shipped on the same day.
5. Why use Poslaju?
– Poslaju has its advantages. It’s fast (usually takes 1-3 days) to reach you, so the items are protected. You will also get a tracking number to track your shipment. However, you can also request to use normal post or registered post but you need to contact us first before submitting your payment to discuss. We will NOT be responsible for damaged or lost items if you use normal post.
6. How long do I need to make payment/reserve items before my order is canceled?
– You are given a maximum 24 hours to make your payment. In some circumstances, I might give extension with a valid reason but if you don’t make payment within 24 hours, your order will be canceled. It’s okay, you can always order again! 🙂
7. Will my items be safe during shipping?
– Your items will be given complimentary good quality bubble wrap to wrap your items for protection from damage. However, damage do happen sometimes as we can’t fully avoid it. If your items arrived damaged or if you face any problems with your package or shipment, please direct your complaints with Poslaju and also let us know.
8. Do you ship internationally?
– At the moment, no. We only ship to Malaysia HOWEVER, for international customers, if you insist on buying from our store (awesome!), we can arrange delivery to you. Please contact us for details. Do note that we are shipping from Malaysia, so cost of shipping might be expensive depending on type of shipment (surface mail, airmail or courier).
We will not be responsible for any custom duty tax or confiscated items by customs. You are required to know about the do’s and don’t’s of importing goods from other country to your country.
9. Who are you?
– DecoNeko is a sub-project of Creative Neko Studio, an online based company registered under SSM (Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia) since December 2010. It is solely handled by a girl (girl power!).
10. What is your return policy?
– Before shipping out your order, we will carefully wrap your items with bubble wrap and make sure the products are in good condition with no damage whatsoever. If the content of your items appear damaged or have a defect or incomplete due to faulty manufacturing, please contact us with details and photo of your defective items and we will issue a refund in a form of coupon for the total amount of the defective items. You can use the coupon for your next order 🙂
If your items are damaged during shipping, please direct your complaints to Poslaju and let us know.
Have any other unanswered questions? Do contact us!